Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday 30th of October part 2







Hej - Since today is so cold and rainy, we are just sitting in a cafe doing some work. We went to the store to get some postcards for our classrooms and walked around a bit. There was a street vender (from Spain) selling natural candy. It was like a cross between licorice and taffy, bra (g00d)! I am still searching for the perfect winter coat and boots! Speaking of fashion, all the girls here wear tights, boots and large, baggy sweaters/jackets and in drab colors. The men wear much nicer clothes and boots as well. Nikole and I decided we'd buy some leggings and try to fit in today. I don't know how successful we were, but I was warmer than I thought I'd be! We also used the Bankomat for the first time today, there was an English option, so it wasn't as scary. The money here is in Krona (pronounced Crown). It comes in either 20,50,100 or 500 bill and the coins are 1,5 or 10. There is no change, everything already has tax included and is always rounded to the nearest krona. The coins are essentially just smaller bills, although they look like coins. I'm not sure what we're doing tonight, but if it is anything interesting, I'll post it. We heard of some celebrations either tonight or Sunday night for Halloween! Ha det bra!

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning! Was the cake as good as Amelia's Birthday cupcakes?! :) How come the bands play in a plastic box? Is it heated?! Is it more expensive there for things, like leggings?! Amelia says Hi!!!

    P.S. I hope you did not eat horse!

    ReplyDelete